Documents & Resources
- Smooth, low-wear running due to oil bath lubrication (SAE 75 W-90, 20 cm3).
- Safe sealing against the penetration of coolant-lubricant into the housing, by separating the axial and rotational movement of the clamping head.
- Reduced wear on the gear change elements thanks to extremely quick changes of the direction of rotation (35 msec).
- No axial jolts on the tap during gear changes.
- Minimised axial forces exerted on the thread ﬂanks of the tap.
- Obtaining constant thread depths by exactly deﬁned switching point.
- Reduced safety distance to 5 mm between workpiece and tool due to short gear change path. This yields an additional reduction of cycle times.
- Constant cutting speed ➞ Increased tool life.
- Protection of the machine spindle by constant right-hand running.
- As the tool spindle is not permanently accelerated or braked and the turning direction not changed, energy is saved due to almost constant power consumption.